Friday, September 6, 2013

Ten Minutes Under $20!

 
Fall Wreath Project
 
 
My Fall wreath had seen its last day.  I loved it, but it was time for a change.  In the spirit of the Ten minute craft under $20, I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm not sure if I've seen this wreath anywhere. I think I started out at the craft store thinking I would buy a metal frame and do the bubbly burlap wreath that I see all over Pinterest.  However, I realized really quick that that would go well over my $20 budget. 
 
I'm of the thinking that if it takes me $50 to make a wreath that I could easily purchase any other beautiful wreath for approximately $50, then why do the work?
I wanted something different and special, so I thought I'd get creative and make my own.
 
So, I found this lovely straw wreath form for $4.99 at a local craft store.  I then bought the entire spool of the striped Burlap with a chocolate brown stripe.  It was $7.99, but I had a 40% off coupon.  I had the Chevron burlap leftover from another project so that was $0, and the flowers were 50% off this week so those totaled about $3. 
A hot glue gun, which I already own, and I was ready to get started. 
 
 
Now when I say ten minutes, I mean it.  I literally got ready for a Dr. appointment and needed to leave at 12pm. I was ready by 11:45am and had already done all my little daily chores around the house.  So, in full Brit form, I can't stay still.  I started looking around for something to munch on or for a drawer to organize.  Then, I saw my bag from the craft store and thought, hmmm, this might not take that long.
 
First, I took my striped burlap and glued one end to the back side of the straw wreath form.  Then I just twisted the burlap around until I got it all the way back to the beginning.  I secured the other end with hot glue to the back of the wreath again.  Second, I concocted my Chevron burlap bow.  I'm not a bow maker, so this was the hardest part for me. I basically just made a loop, twisted the fabric over, made another loop, and then tied a thin string of jute around the middle to hold it secure.  I fidgeted with the form some more until I got the bow looking like I liked it........ and done.  Third, I hot glued the bow to the wreath on an angle. You could put it anywhere you want, but the angle seemed to tickle my fancy.  Lastly, I took my cute little orange flower and hot glued it to the center of the bow. 
 
That, my friends, is IT!
 
I was left with this cutie patootie.  I can't seem to find my wreath hook, so I purchased a command strip and stuck it on the glass and voila........Fall Wreath! 
 
I spent a total of $12 and it literally took me 10 minutes.  I left my house at 12pm and arrived to the Dr. on time.  Yay for Fall Wreaths.........Boo for Annual Lady Dr. appointments. 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this Friday How to!
 
Thanks for stopping by.........
 
-B-

No comments:

Post a Comment