Thursday, September 19, 2013

DIPPED

 
 I'm usually not much of a trend follower. I like what I like and  I know it when I like it.
 
I can be a very quick decision maker when it comes to decor because of this.  I usually already have what I want in my head and when I see it, I know it, and its as good as done.
 
This dipped furniture trend "I LIKE"
 
Not every version of it, but these I think were done really well.
 
I'm not sure what I love more, the planked wall or the pastel dipped stools.  
 
 
I do pieces like this all of the time, who wants to go for the gold dip to spice if up a bit?
 
 
These chairs, I love, dipped or not dipped, but dipped is certainly fun.  The dog is super cute too don't ya think?
 
 
A lot of furniture revampers are pegged as "Shabby Chic" in style. I wouldn't be so quick to call myself that. I have a love for all things rustic, but I also think they take on a whole new life when you pair rustic with modern or industrial.  This pic is a perfect example of that. Those dipped stools make the whole thing work.
 
 
Again, something I do all of the time, just blingalicious! (my new word)
.

One of my favorite blogger's, Holly, at IN THE FUN LANE, does it again.  So simple and elegant yet unexpected.
 
 
 
Love these. Want one.  Melaine at MY SWEET SAVANNAH, my favorite blog, did a DIY that turned out so cute.  I might be dipping a tree stump as soon as I can find one.  
 
 
Pastel perfection.  Industrial table.......see what I mean. 
 
 
My very favorite piece I found.  So "NEST" if you will. I might have to do this one for myself. 
 
 
 
Have an IKEA stool that just needs something done.  DIP IT! 


So what do we think?
 
YOU DIP, I DIP, WE DIP? 
 
Thanks for stopping by my NEST!
 
-B-


1 comment: