Sunday, September 8, 2013

Client Design and Brainstorming! (did I just actually type the word client)

 
 
I HAVE MY FIRST CLIENT! 
 
I am so so SO excited! 
 
Her name is Madeleine, or actually the paying client is Jessica, and her little girl's name is Madeleine.  Jessica is actually way more to me than just a client.  I am her client as well.....or at least my hair is.  I've been going to Jessica for a few years now and she finally persuaded me that I need to be doing furniture for money, not just fun.  I SO appreciated the gentle nudge because I would have never taken the leap had it not been for her encouragement. So, Jess, if you're ever reading this, thank you for that. ; )
 
Madeleine is getting the most beautiful piece of furniture, redone by yours truly,  for her big birthday present this year.  I am so delighted to be trusted with the task of reinventing the most beautiful piece for the special day.
 
Madeleine's Mommy wanted some design help as well before deciding what color to do on the furniture.  So this project was extra fun for me.  I'm not sure it occurred to me when I started this venture that I might actually get to help decorate on a grander scale than just the furniture redo, but I'm thrilled that that seems to go hand in hand with it.  I hope this can be something I expand into in the future.  That would be AWESOME to keep it real!
 
In brainstorming for Madeleine's room, these are some of my favorite little girls rooms on Pinterest right now.......
 
 
 
Love the white of this one mixed with the sea green/aqua walls. If you've been to my home, you know I'm a sucker for the aqua wall. ; )
 Photo Credit: Our Prairie Home
 
In the Fun Lane is one of my very favorite blogs of all time and the actual inspiration for me starting my NEST business. This is Holly's daughter's room.  Its just gorgeous and so relaxing.

 Photo Credit: In the Fun Lane
 
I LOVE this room.  So fun! 
Photo credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
 
Loving these colors because this is a little unexpected for a girls room!  If you look close you can see a stenciled wall......I die!
 Photo credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
Absolutely LOVE everything about this room.  Especially how different the color scheme is for a little girl.
 Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
The BOHO Chic in me loves this room.
 Photo Credit: Bees Knees Bungalow
 
 
This one is fun because of the unexpected twist of yellow and I'd add some navy instead of the black.
 Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
Now for the paint job....... These are the ideas swimming in my head at the moment.
 
This turquoise piece is just so rustic and gorgeous.  I can't wait to try this out.
Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
I about died when I saw this mint green painted desk and hutch!  I love it! Everything about it!  
 Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown

 Loving this color as well.  It would be awesome with these mint Chevron walls below.


 Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
This turquoise is VERY popular right now and I'm sure I'll be doing a ton of it very soon.
Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
Loving this very pale sage green piece. 
Photo Credit: Pinterest Unknown
 
These are just a few of the ideas swimming in my head.  I'll be back soon with a before and after of the actual piece.  Its gonna be so fun doing what I love for an actual client.  I can't wait to see what she thinks. 
 
Thanks for stopping by my NEST........
 
-B-
 
PS: If you see something you like or have a piece you want me to be on the lookout for or need redone.  Please contact me by commenting on this post.  I'll email you directly from there. Thanks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment