Monday, September 16, 2013

Don't Throw It Away!

This weekend I was picking up my kiddos at my sweet In-Laws house after they gave my Husband and I a nice (and needed) date night. I was walking out and there was the cutest little stool just sitting there begging for me to steal it. I told her that I had some fun ideas for it and she commented   "Oh,  I was just going to throw it away."
 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 
If you know me, NEVER throw anything wooden that resembles furniture away!
 
Let me show you why.........
 
A simple unfinished REAL WOOD stool can be so many things.  Who doesn't need an extra seat now and then, or a plant stand, or a extremely small side table for a itty bitty space to set your glass?
 
A lot of the newer houses are doing these countertop/islands that extend out over the cabinetry to allow for a serving area or a "pull up a stool and sit" area.
 
This is a perfect opportunity to add a pop of color or a rustic twist to an otherwise sleek and rather industrial space.

SEE........... 


 
I see these stools everywhere for super cheap.  If the Mohogany wood isn't your thing, call NEST and we can add color and make it spectacular.
 
 
This is what I have in mind for the Mother In Law's cute stool.

 
 
Or this.......
 
 
So cute......

 
I'm always a sucker for the grainsack look.  This is padded, but NEST could paint this on too.
 
 

 
Another pop of color with a French twist. 

 
Staining fun. 

Love all of these ideas.  They could add so much personality to your room. 
 
SO NEVER THROW THEM AWAY!
 
Thanks for stopping by my NEST
 
-B-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment