Tuesday, September 10, 2013

For the Love of Hardware

Hardware is to a piece of redone furniture as jewelry is to an outfit! Does that make sense?

 
I LOVE HARDWARE! 
 
Like, in a weird way........way more than the average bear loves hardware! 
 
 
Anthro is by far the very best hardware supplier in my book.  If you can afford it that is.....
 
Hobby Lobby and World Market do a legit job of second place on the roster, but Anthro always takes the top prize for me.
 
Let me show you why.........
 
Let's say you've got a piece like this for instance.....redone by yours truly.  Yes, you could put the same hardware back on and save yourself some cash.......
 Photo Credit: Pinterest
OR........You could add these beautiful baubles to it to make it something out of this world!  I literally start drooling when I think about it all put together.
 


 
Then there is another example......the beloved Kelly Green.
 Photo Credit: Pinterest
Gold hardware looks nice.....and simple......, but if you want to make it a WOW!  Imagine the addition of these pretty little ladies.
 
 With the turquoise........I literally die thinking about it!
 
 
Or a Mono look.......Love!

 
Then there is an elegant touch of something bright and white.....

 
And my VERY favorite of all.......the Mother of Pearl with Gold detail........(foaming at the mouth)
 
 
The Red piece looks great and rustic with the black details.......but imagine how chic it would be with..........
 Photo Credit: Pinterest
 
I'm sorry, but when I see these with the red, I just feel like its meant to be.....are you catching on now how I dress my furniture with hardware as if its jewelry to my outfit. 


 


 


 
 
The classic white with glazed piece is gorgeous by itself.
 Photo Credit: lizmarieblog.com/Pinterest
 
But then imagine it with some unexpected bling.  It takes it up a whole other notch for me.  Its like rustic meet chic.......and that is my description of heaven.



 
Ok, so this blue piece is one I'm dying to get in my own home somehow. I'm just a bit terrified of having the paint color ALL over me forever.  It looks like a pretty messy job. 

 Photo Credit: Pinterest
But then I think about adding this hardware to it and its just too pretty not to try.
 


 
I'm loving this slate blue, and the pulls they have are pretty darn magical!
 Photo Credit: Pinterest
 
Loving it even more with the addition of these fancy little knobs. 



 
So, do you see what I mean?
 
Isn't it lovely?
 
Like I said before, adorning your piece in this particular hardware can add $$$$ to the cost of the redo, but in some cases, I think its sooooo worth it.  Anthro knobs and pulls go for approximately $12 a piece. Which adds up super fast.  However, Hobby Lobby and World Market both have great options as well for a fraction of that price. 
 
I should know, I have a small "jewelry" collection just waiting for the right piece to come along to adorn.
 
Thanks for stopping by and  hope you enjoyed my NEST!
 
-B-
 
 
*All hardware shown can be found at Anthropologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment